WARSAW — A malfunctioning dehumidifier was blamed for a Sunday afternoon fire which caused an estimated $30,000 in smoke damages to a house.

The fire was reported 1:02 p.m. at 263 Wyoming St., Wyoming County Emergency Services officials said. The location is owned by Thomas and Barbara Ladelfa.

No injuries were reported.

Firefighters were at the scene for two-and-a-half hours. Units from Warsaw, Wyoming, Silver Springs and Perry Center responded, along with county Emergency Services personnel, village police and New York State Electric & Gas crews.

Firefighters from Pavilion were on standby.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Johnson Newspapers 7.1