If you're interested in submitting a Letter to the Editor, click here.

If there is one issue in New York at this moment that requires answers, it’s the number of nursing home deaths at the peak of the coronavirus pandemic and the reason the state is stonewalling discovery of what happened and why.

I fully support a strong, effective, and efficient police force. I fully support law and order, it is the only milieu for our American society to maximally allow “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” It is the criminals who crave chaos for their unlawful and disorderly actions.

Unemployment rates in the GLOW region counties are down from their April peak, but a July surge is cause for concern even as more businesses adapt and reopen as the area tries to rebound from the COVID-19 pandemic.

Organizations – be they businesses, non-profits, or governments – that have best weathered the shared and unique circumstances during the COVID crisis are those with creative thinkers as their leaders or in positions of responsibility within their enterprises. In many cases, they’ve made nav…

I am writing in response to the announcement by Chris Jacobs that he attended Donald Trump’s acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention. Because Washington, D.C., still has a high incidence of coronavirus infections, public gatherings are limited to 50 people and social distanci…

Black, yellow, red, brown and white people’s lives are all important, special and most precious, to the one that lovingly formed them. One surely has no choice in their skin color, nor even their place of birth. Scripture states “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and bre…

The fool says in his or her heart there is no God, then they vote Biden/Harris. The CDC recently released the truth noting that only 6% of all deaths attributed to the Covid virus are actually caused by the virus itself. The remaining 94% of Covid deaths are due to causes of co-morbidity suc…

  • Updated

(Note: This past week I read a bio of a ‘famous’ person which had a line that this person was listed in Who’s Who. Is there still a Who’s Who? Either way, it reminded me of this, which was written in 2003)

  • Updated

New York farms were among one of the hardest hit sectors of the economic fallout from COVID-19. Demand for supplies dropped dramatically and supply-chain issues completely derailed the marketplace. Considering the already substantial obstacles facing the state’s agriculture industry, it is s…

  • Updated

Last week, with less than two weeks to spare before the school year begins, New York State United Teachers upset the apple cart by calling on the state to update school reopening guidelines to make mandatory the wearing of masks at all times indoors during the school day, except for appropri…

It is important for all of us to avoid the temptation to fall into tribalism when it comes to politics. Sure, the easiest thing to do is to just “pick your team” and stick with it no matter what.

When I voted in June, I did so confidently and safely, by mail. Maybe you did, too. Tens of thousands of our neighbors certainly did. Almost as many people voted by mail with absentee ballots as voted in person.

Under Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the guidance of health experts from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, New York state has emerged from the deadly shadow of the COVID-19 pandemic to record and maintain the lowest infection rate in the nation.

I remember the motherly admonitions to the kids of the 1950s and 1960s U.S.A.: “Wash your hands; keep your fingers out of your mouth; don’t pick your nose; don’t rub your eyes; don’t unnecessarily handle money, you don’t know where it has been; keep your distance from other people; don’t pic…

A long hot summer, this summer has been longer than any summer I can remember and hotter than any in history. Well maybe I had one longer the summer before I left for college. We had finished up hay early in 1964 I was leaving home for the first time leaving my parents and 8 sibs behind. I o…

Regarding Mr. Colby’s letter to the editor “Solar Farming is Like a Long-Term Crop” (Aug. 22), I would offer the following response. Clearly, he does not understand or care about the concerns of many in Byron who do not want 1,500 to 2,000 acres of prime farmland turned into solar panels, ba…

If you ever saw the 1957 film “a Face in the Crowd,” it was probably the only time in your life that you remember hating Andy Griffith (or at least the character he played).

Almost exactly five months since millions of New Yorkers hunkered down in quarantine, the state marked a sort of milestone last week: Localities are revamping COVID-19 testing and influenza vaccine strategies as the state’s rate of new COVID-19 infections remained below 1 percent positive fo…